Best Cabinet Hardware Jig – Do your Work Accurately
Just like any other hobby, though, you need the right equipment and tools. Otherwise, your projects will turn into frustrating assignments that you simply don’t enjoy! For someone who is looking to install kitchen hardware such as cabinets, we know how important a jig is. The best cabinet hardware jig will make your life easy and your project fun. And, we are sure that’s really what you are looking for.
So, without further ado, let’s take a look at good cabinet hardware jigs that are available in the market right now:
Best Cabinet Hardware JIG
1. Cabinet Handle Template Jig Tool – TP 1934
This one is Amazon’s very own choice. It is a True Position hardware jig that will speed up the kitchen hardware installation process for you. It is made specifically for handle installation on doors and cabinets. Let’s go through a few of its standout features:
- It is an adjustable and easy-to-use cabinet knob template that will help you save a lot of money.
- You don’t need to be an experienced person to use this jig.
- The cabinet hardware jig is accurate and will help you drill holes without going wrong all the time.
- You don’t need a clamp during installation.
- It comes with replaceable 5mm case bushings, making it sturdy for heavy duty use.
- With this template jig tool, you will save a lot of time that you would otherwise have spent on making wood templates.
- It comes with 5 mm drill bits.
- It is reliable and extremely easy to use.
2. Kreg Tool Company KHI-PULL Cabinet Hardware Jig
Another very popular cabinet hardware jig, this one from Kreg is really affordable and reliable. You can install knobs with utmost ease, without worrying about anything.
Here are a few of its features:
- It comes with adjustable guides to help you place holes accurately.
- It has measuring scales so that you get the same results how many times you may want them.
- You can install both, single-hole and multi-hole knobs with this tool.
- It has an adjustable edge that makes positioning very easy.
- It is made with strong yet lightweight materials.
- It has hardened-steel drill guides.
- It does not come with a clamp, so if you need one, you will have to buy it separately.
- A few users have said that clamping is sort of awkward with the Kreg cabinet hardware jig. So you might want to consider that while making a choice. However, it is a steal at its price tag.
3. ASCENDAS Drill Guide Sleeve Cabinet Hardware Jig
Making set up really simple is this hardware jig from ASCENDAS. It is known for its affordable price tag and its incredible accuracy when it comes to working with it.
Let’s see why this is a good option for you:
- It is quick and can save you a lot of time because you won’t need to make any wood templates.
- You just need to set it up the first time. After that, you just have to use it how many ever times you want to.
- Drill the perfect holes for knobs, pulls, handles, etc. with ease!
- It is a multi-purpose tool that lets you make easy adjustments based on your preferences.
- It is made out of aluminum and stainless steel, making it premium and durable.
- The package comes with a wood drilling tool, a 5 mm drill bit, and an instruction guide to help you use the jig seamlessly. It also has a pouch that lets you hold all the parts while you work.
- Some users say that it is slightly more difficult to use than the others on the list and may take some time to adjust.
4. Tourace Cabinet Hardware Jig Measuring Tool
Just like the others, it helps you save time because you won’t need to make wood templates with this tool. Moreover, it has standard and metric measurements on it so that you don’t waste your time converting the measurements.
What are its other features? Here’s a list:
- It is reversible, allowing quick drilling.
- It has a stop-collar setting block that makes setup easy.
- It comes with a front-mounted clamp for better clamping.
- It is a multi-purpose template that makes installation of pulls and knobs accurate and easy.
- It is extremely durable, made out of aluminum and stainless steel.
- It is super affordable and reliable.
5. YIZIRO Cabinet Hardware Jig for Handles and Knobs
This is an excellent quick-release drill guide that ensures you don’t waste time on unnecessary templates. It is affordable and reliable at the same time, making it quite a popular choice among hobbyists and professionals.
Here are some of its features:
- The hardware jig is detachable and portable. You can take the parts apart and reattach them conveniently.
- The package includes the cabinet hardware jig, a tool bag, and an instruction manual that will help you set up and use the jig easily.
- It has a metric/imperial ruler to help you with the spacing.
- It is reversible, which means you only need to flip it to do the other side of the door!
- It is designed for beginners and pros alike.
- It may not give you the durability of a True Position jig, but it definitely is reliable.
6. Valiant Cabinet Hardware Jig
The Valiant jig is made of aluminum alloy. Using it, you can work on drawer knobs and pulls. Below are some of its most attractive features:
- It has a robust build. The jig is made of aluminum, while the ruler is made of stainless steel.
- It ensures accuracy and lets you drill holes with precision.
- You can use the jig with kitchen drawers, cupboards, flaps, door handles, cabinets, and drawer fronts.
- The jig promises an 80% faster installation.
- It is adjustable.
- The template is in both inches and centimeters, making it very easy to read.
7. True Position Tools – Original Cabinet Hardware Jig
The manufacturers call this the most accurate cabinet hardware jig on the market because you can calibrate it to 0.001” square. If this attracts you, the rest of the features will definitely impress you too. Keep reading:
- The jig is made of aluminum.
- You can install cabinet pulls of up to 960 mm using the extension set.
- Drilling shelf pinholes is easy thanks to this handy tool.
- You can also use it as a portable line boring unit when the need arises.
- Since it is highly accurate, you don’t have to worry about errors even during heavy-duty woodworking.
- The box consists of the jig, extensions, an extended ruler attachment, an Allen wrench, a drill bit, and a carrying case.
How to choose a cabinet hardware jig
While choosing a cabinet hardware jig, there are multiple things that you must pay attention to. The most important factors are as follows:
- The material: Make sure you only buy stainless steel or aluminum hardware jigs. They are durable and portable. Plastic jigs are also available, but they are only suitable for those who want a simple, affordable option.
- The reliability: If you are a hobbyist or professional and will use the jig regularly, you cannot compromise on the durability. Make sure you buy a jig that’s strong enough to hold its own during projects. Steel jigs are usually more preferable than aluminum in this regard.
- The usability: Jigs should be easy to use. So, pick a simple one that does not require you to waste time during the project.
- The accuracy: This one is very important for professionals. Make sure you check the accuracy rating before making your purchase. A jig that’s not accurate is a waste of money.
- The price: Speaking of money, let’s slide into the next important factor, which is price. Aluminum and steel jigs tend to be more expensive. We recommend you to buy them only if you are going to use them regularly. For one or two-time usage, plastic ones will suffice. No matter which type you choose, though, please ensure that it is of the highest quality.
There you are! We hope this list helps you zero in on the best cabinet hardware jig according to your requirements. If you think any other product deserves to be on this list, please let us know through Comments.