Best Arrow Fletching Jig – Top Recommended Arrow Fletcher of 2019
Archery is all about accuracy, but that’s not easy to achieve at all. It takes a lot of practice, dedication, and a jig.
That’s right! Along with buying good quality arrows and taking lessons regularly, you must buy an arrow fletching jig that will help the arrow move in a particular path and hit the target accurately.The functioning of these jigs is simple. They hold the shaft and the vanes in the right place. The vanes need to be spaced out and held helically. Otherwise, the glue may not dry properly and end up in a mess. For this, the shaft should be held firmly. An arrow fletching jig takes care of all this. A few additional benefits are:
- Less turbulence
- Flat trajectory
- Quiet flight
A fletching jig can be used for many different types of fletching based on the need. The common types are:
Now, let’s quickly go through our top 5 arrow fletching jigs in 2019 so that you make your pick without looking any further.
Best Arrow Fletching Jig
1. Bohning Pro Class Fletching Tool Right Clamp 1349
This is a quick set and easy to operate jig that comes with a magnetic clamp. It is one of the best-sellers at the moment with multiple raving reviews. Here are its features:
- It is adjustable and can be used with different types of shafts.
- It has a pre-set dial stops that allow consistent fletching.
- It can work right out of the box for regular purposes.
- It also allows feather fletching, but this may take additional setup.
- It is made of plastic, but it is quite sturdy. Cleaning the glue from the clamp is also very easy. All you need is acetone! Plus, you don’t have to worry about damage due to the cleaning.
- The Bohning arrow fletching jig offers complete value for money, which is one of its highlights.
2. Arizona Rim E-Z Arrow Fletching Jig
Don’t have much time to spend on individual fletching? Looking for a fast way out? The Arizona Rim E-Z Fletch Mini is the solution. It is a multi-functional device that lets you fletch 3 vanes at once! Below are a few more of its highlights:
- It is compact and lightweight.
- It works fast, saving a lot of time.
- You can use it to fletch vanes of up to 2.25 inches.
- It is perfect for stabilization and accurate arrow flight.
- Since it is compact, you can carry it with ease and fletch your vanes whenever needed.
- It has a plastic construction. If you are worried about glue sticking to it, though, you can begin by coating everything with bow wax. We recommend this because continuous scraping of the glue can damage the plastic body.
- The only downside to this fletcher is its price. Even though it is a great option, the price tends to tick people off. If you like its primary feature (3 vanes at once), this shouldn’t be a concern to you.
3. Bohning 12962 Helix Tower Fletching Jig
This particular fletching jig from Bohning is one of our favorites because we have found it to be among the easiest to operate. It also has many other features that we shall look at now:
- It promises to be fast and accurate.
- Just like Arizona Rim, you can fletch 3 vanes together. This will help you save a lot of time.
- One thing that you must remember before making a purchase is that this fletching jig is compatible only with shafts that have push-in nocks.
- It is suitable for 2.25-inch vanes, but you can also use it for 3-inch vanes.
- This is an expensive fletching jig. So, if you are on a budget, you can skip this one.
4. AAE Fletch III Arrow Fletching Jig
Designed for bowhunters and archers, this jig is easy to use and reasonably priced. It has a wide range of features that make it one of the best in its price range. Let’s take a look at what those
- It has a fixed 1-degree offset.
- You can use it for arrows from .240” to .370”.
- The clamp contains silica and Teflon. Both these materials ensure that the glue does not stick to the surface.
- The jig also has an arrow holder (X-stand) that allows multiple sizes of shafts.
- You can fletch 3 arrows together with the AAE Fletching Jig.
- One thing you should keep in mind is that it is a straight jig. You may be able to use it for flu-flu vanes, but we can’t guarantee equal performance.
5. Bitzenburger Right Helical Base Arrow Fletching Jig
Constructed to be used with a right helical clamp, this sturdy fletching jig will solve all your fletching problems! We have heard from many users (and experienced ourselves) that it is one of the more reliable ones in the market in 2019. Let’s go through its standout features now:
- It is made with die cast alloy. This particular construction facilitates uniform and precise placement of feathers and vanes.
- The jig is accompanied by a right nock receiver.
- The manufacturers want us to note that this jig is only for right helical clamps and will not work with anything else. Sadly, you will have to buy these clamps separately.
- It has a large dial that allows adequate spacing each time.
- The glue residue just snaps right off, leaving no traces behind. This is our favorite feature.
- The jig can do a 4 fletch with ease.
- It is a very well-made, easy to use tool.
We have always believed that finding the best shouldn’t be tedious or frustrating. This is why we constantly attempt to bring the best products to you. We hope our list of the best arrow fletching jigs helps you make the right choice. Do let us know what you think in comments.